Closing date: 30 April 2024
Student type:International undergraduate students at the University of Otago, living in New Zealand, or studying online or by distance from outside of New Zealand, in 2022 or 2023.
Level of study: undergraduate
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: NZD$10,000 for tuition fees
Description: The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students celebrate and welcome international students to the University of Otago, as valued members of our University community. This scholarship recognises the additional personal, academic and financial challenges currently faced by international students and is awarded to support students to pursue their academic goals.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students provides a NZ$10,000 contribution towards the tuition fee on an eligible programme.
This scholarship will be awarded to all eligible international students who are offered a place in an eligible programme and will be starting full-time, full-year, undergraduate study for the first time at a New Zealand university in 2022 or 2023.
Recipients of the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students may also be eligible for a guaranteed offer of place in University-owned or affiliated accommodation.
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have gained university admission through:
- Completion of Year 12 and completion of – or in the process of completion of – Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution
- Completion of an internationally recognised qualification in New Zealand or at an overseas high school, such as A Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR; or
- Meeting other international entrance requirements as outlined on the Otago website; and
- Have not normally completed any previous study at a New Zealand university; and
- Are subject to paying international tuition fees; and
- Are eligible apply for, and are intending to enrol for full-time study in the first year of an eligible programme.
How to apply: apply online