Closing date: Applicants can apply anytime
Student type: Domestic and International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: Postgraduate research (HDR)
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: Living stipend of $29,863 per annum tax free (indexed annually), your tuition fees covered, and Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Description: Earmarked scholarships are funded by the Australian Government to assist PhD students with their living costs and tuition fees. These scholarships are offered for research projects aligned with recently awarded Category 1 research grants and offer PhD students the opportunity to contribute to large projects of national significance with and work with leading researchers.
An approved degree needs to be:
- in an area relevant to your proposed PhD project and
- completed no more than 10 years ago.
You need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to apply: apply online